We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work” -THOMAS EDISON
Learn To Recognize Opportunities
Ability to recognize opportunities is a skill we need to acquire in these times that we are in. To live our lives more purposefully, we need to embrace as many opportunities that come our way.
Without forgetting that this experience or expression called opportunity comes in different forms shapes and sizes, it is important to be able to recognize them as they come.
Facing our futures with courage, hope, determination and sometimes healing (of the mind) can all contribute in no small measure to help us attain our goals and embrace every opportunity, while dealing ruthlessly with every stumbling block that seems to want to stand in our way of taking advantage of every truly life-changing experience cannot be over-emphasized
Listen to what Boris Pasternak said :
“When a great moment knocks on the door of your life, it is often no louder than the beating of your heart, and it is very easy to miss it. ”
― Boris Pasternak
― Boris Pasternak
A Word of Warning!
Thomas Monson in “Pathways To Perfection” says “Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.”
So watch out when distressed, when depressed, when confused, when down and hopeless, all those experiences all put together are stepping stones which open greater doors of opportunities a lot of times and if you’re not careful, you may be too engrossed in your pain, to look up and climb that stepping stone to reach out to your opportunities.
RISKS OPEN DOORS FOR OPPORTUNITIES
Take risks, don’t remain in your comfort zone, stretch yourself, take more than you can do and find meaning in risks!
Be open to new opportunities!!
SO….WHAT RISKS ARE YOU TAKING TODAY?
- Moving to another State within Nigeria?
- Confronting a bully?
- Starting your own business?
- Trying food that you've never tried before?
- Embarking on a new Project?
- Doing something that is a little risky such as swimming or riding a bike for the first time?
- Going back to school to further your studies?
- Standing up for a person who is being victimized ?
- Asking for a promotion or a raise at work?
- Speaking up for what you think is right?
- Standing up for yourself?
- Telling your closest friend the truth?
- Leaving an abusive relationship?
- Changing careers?
- Doing something by yourself for the first time?
- Making a public presentation about something you believe in?
- Standing up against racism or prejudice?
- Leaving a job that you don't like when you don’t have another yet where that seems to be the best thing to do?
- Signing up for a program or class that intimidates you
- Confronting your parents or colleagues in the office when they’re doing something obviously wrong that no one knows about
Remember, ATITUDE IS EVERYTHING, so develop the right attitudes that will move you closer to your dreams.
So… 1.Seize more opportunities, 2.Say YES more often, 3.Don’t hesitate to take risks, 4.Be determined to succeed, 5.Explore, and fin ally 6.Have a positive attitude.
I encourage you to make the most of opportunities that come your way beginning from NOW.
For some of us, every day of our lives are painful reminders of the opportunities that we didn’t realize were opportunities at the time!! So wake up and live life to its full potential. ENJOY!!